The Secret to Raising Mentally Strong Kids|The Power of Resilience with Dr. Robert Brooks
Our guest today is one of the leading speakers and authors on the themes of resilience, motivation, and family relationships. During the past 35 years, he has presented nationally and internationally to thousands of parents, educators, mental health professionals, and business people.
The author and co-author of 17 books, he has appeared on various media outlets including PBS and Sunburst Communications. For me, our guest has the capacity to shift our mindsets by asking some of the most profound questions about our parenting journey.
He weaves in humour as he guides us away from any parenting guilt to redefining what we want for ourselves and for our relationship with our children, in a way that moves us all to inspired action. In this interview we discuss The Secret to Raising mentally Strong Kids and cover:
1. What is resilience and why is resilience important?
2. Can you really help your kids be resilient if you are not as a parent?
3. How parents can build their own resilience?
4. What is needed to help kids develop a powerful state of resilience?
5. Your family approach to managing mistakes
6. Helping kids build self-discipline
Be sure to share this episode with your family and friends. Remeber it still takes a Village.